Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Winston's Diary

  The novel 1984 was written by George Orwell in 1949. Winston Smith is a man who works for the party. A party where he believes that everything is not managed right, he is against it. He writes his own diary to express his thoughts and feelings. Writing this diary is very important to him. He reflects on the diary due to the fact that he couldn’t share it with anybody else. I can in a way relate to Winston, because I write my own blog as well.
   I personally write my own blog to express my thoughts and emotions/feelings. I’ve just started writing this blog in about two weeks ago and it helped me to better understand the novel. Writing this blog helps me better understand what Winston is going through and why his writing this diary. It’s like he has a fear of telling someone about he really feels and what his thoughts are due to the fact of what they might think, or they’ll probably just be against him and starts judging him in a way. He feels like he can’t trust anybody.
   Overall, I can relate to Winston Smith. Winston writing his diary is like me writing my own blog. We both express our thoughts and feelings in a similar way. We want to keep it in a very secretive manner. I feel like if he tells anyone about his thoughts about the party then he might be vaporized by the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment