Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fear

   The novel 1984 was written by George Orwell. In Part three, Chapter five, O Brien’ reminds Winston Smith about his worst nightmare. It was that dream of being in a very dark place, where the walls are filled with rats. Winston fears rats! But I have a fear of insects though, mostly spiders and centipedes. I find them very scary and ugly; they move/walks way too fast!
        I have a fear of insects mostly spiders and centipedes. I remember when I stayed over my relative’s house in California for vacation. Robert (my cousin) has a pet spider and centipedes. I never went in his room since that’s where he hides his pets at but he has it in two different cages though. One day, one of his centipedes was missing. We looked everywhere just to find his pet but we really couldn’t find it. Rona (my cousin) and I were really tired and decided to go to bed. She let me share rooms with her. While I was laying down, I felt something moving. So I turned the lights on and saw the centipede on our sheets. I screamed very loudly, and ran out of the room! Rona just stayed there and killed it! Everyone hurriedly came upstairs. My eyes were very teary while we told them what went on and Robert was mad how Rona killed his pet but in the end, he really didn’t care anymore.
   Winston Smith has a big fear of rats. I have a fear of insects mostly spiders and centipedes ever since I was a little kid. I would do anything just to get those things away from me. They’re very ugly and disgusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment