Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Breaking Point :/

   In the novel 1984, Winston Smith and Julia got caught and turned in. After he got turned in, Winston was being tortured to confess for the crimes he committed. He suffered, and was in so much pain. But not one bit did he ever break down. He stayed strong the whole time. There was a time in the middle of 6th grade where I very first broke down.
   I remembered when I very first broke down. It was that one day in 6th grade, where Louis (my friend) got his phone taken away since it went off in the middle of the class. I got forced by my friends to take it from the teacher’s desk and give it back to him. The teacher usually doesn’t do anything about our bad behaviors so I agreed to take it and didn’t care of the consequences at the moment. We all thought that the teacher wasn’t going to do anything about it. But she did, she told the principal and I was in school suspension for three days.
   The principal called my mom and I had to talk to her as well. I broke down as soon as I got in the phone with her, she sounded really, really mad and I couldn’t help but burst into tears. I never in my life heard her get that mad before and as soon as I walked in the house, she started yelling at me! It was a nonstop lecture for hours, I cried for the whole time. Ever since that day, she’d always give me a lecture every time she saw me. I had learned my lesson and I never got suspended again. I turned my life around and stopped being bad.
   Overall, Winston never really had a breaking point. He was really hurt when he was being tortured but he never broke down. My very first breaking point was in 6th grade and I had learned my lesson. Ever since then, my mom knew that I had learned from it and stopped giving me lectures. She started to trust me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment